Monday, September 3, 2012

DIY: Artwork

My sister turned me onto a good art project for Launa so we tried it out recently after borrowing a hot glue gun from my mother in law.


Cost: 1 canvas, $5
1 box crayons, $.39




First you line up your crayons in the pattern you wish at the top of the canvas.  Hot glue them to the piece.
Later Launa would have preferred a better pattern she said - light to dark, pinks by pinks, etc. (OCD)
 

I let the crayons dry with a rubber band to hold them in place and my trusty books stacked on top for a day or two just to make sure they were secure.
 
Next, take a blow dryer to the crayons and let them melt and make your artwork.
We even set our piece out in the sun for a couple of days to see if it would melt them even more for free.
Here is our finished piece:
 

Do you have any cheap but fun art projects for the kids?  
Do tell! 

No comments: