Saturday, February 18, 2012

Room by Emma Donoghue


I am so grateful to have joined a local book club with our first meeting at the end of this month.  I am also loving that the first book they picked to read (by vote which was great) was SO GOOD.

This is a great book about the struggle and ability to overcome abduction in its worst form.  The story is told from a 5 year old's view point which is difficult to understand at first because of the limited vocabulary and understanding of the world but then you realize without it being told in that manner the book wouldn't have been that intriguing.  Its a story that leaves you wondering for the first half how they got abducted, who is the abductor, etc. I could barely put the middle part down without hearing the details of "The Great Escape" and found myself sobbing and cheering for their success (in my head, not out loud).  I found this book very enlightening and interesting to read and definitely recommend it to others!  I'm super excited for the book club meeting.

No comments: