Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend in Review

As I grow older my weekends are becoming less and less exciting so I'm not sure why I decided to do a weekend in review post but here goes!

Friday night my husband made his famous chicken breast seasoned to perfection with Susie Q's, foccacia rolls, and EVOO/garlic/Parmesan bread dip with steamed broccoli.  The smell as I opened the back door from work was heaven and I didn't care that I was going to attempt to cajole him into going out to eat after I took one inhale.

We spent the rest of the night doing movies.  The kids watched Elmo & Dr. Seuss in their room while we were the last people on Earth to finally watch Bridesmaids. 
We were actually sitting on the same couch for awhile and we heard the 4 year old sneak up in the hallway so pretended to kiss.  She walks straight to the kitchen.  Brings back a sticky note that says "NO."  She hands it to Chad and walks away.
It was very funny.

Saturday morning the husband had to do a side job (yeah cash) and so the rest of us headed to the all important Susan G. Komen walk.  This is Launa's 2nd year and I love an opportunity for her to learn more about breast cancer, especially because of the connection to our family and the real risk she has of contracting it.  We walked with my sister and her in laws this year as her MIL is a survivor.  It was chilly to start but turned out to be a great day.



We spent the rest of our day having AWESOME smoothies at Smokey Row, stocking up on goods at Sam's Club, a quick appearance at a house warming party, then dinner and cards with the family.
It was supposed to be a relaxing, lazy weekend but was full and fun!

No comments: