Saturday, April 2, 2011

Life Lessons

This week my daughter will learn a big life lesson.  Everybody dies.  I know she'll be sad and then quickly get distracted by someone offering her chocolate.  But tomorrow when she asks to go to Grandpa's house for a chocolate bar - I'll take her.  Then she'll ask where Grandpa is.  And we'll have to have the conversation again.

I just wonder how many times we'll have the conversation.  Probably daily for awhile, considering his house is across the street.  S

he has only had four years with him while I've had 30.  Who else will have 100+ peanut butter cups on the piano at any given time?  Or mini Heath bars?  Who else will remind me to trim my mum's in the fall or plant some bulbs in the spring?  I'm so lucky to have lived so close and see him on almost a daily basis for my entire life.  When I was little I thought he was the best Grandpa ever, still do. 

I'm thankful both kids have had an opportunity to get to know and love him as I did.  I'm thankful he doesn't have to suffer anymore and can go visit Grandma again just like he has wanted for so long.
I love you Grandpa.

No comments: