Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Book Review: Readers Digest Select Editions Volume 4

I got this book from my Grandpa's house after he passed, well I got all of the non food or non gardening reading materials. I have never read a RD book so this was new to me. It is the condensed version of four separate books in one nice package!

This edition included The Street Lawyer by John Grisham (I skipped this one since the full book is already on my bookshelf), The Cobra Event by Richard Preston, Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks, and Sooner or Later by Elizabeth Adler.

The Cobra Event was a sci-fi like book that I normally wouldn't get into but did enjoy it at the time.  However, now that about a month has past I really have no clue what it was about. Sorry bad review.

Message in a Bottle was by Nicholas Sparks so you know its a great romantical story.  Its about literally a message in a bottle that comes to shore to a reporter who then finds the writer and ends up falling in love with him.  Its one of those predictable stories but Sparks is always a great writer and his stories are so believable you find yourself routing for the couple.  Great book!

Sooner or Later was a sad story about love and loss and it was a real page turner. I don't want to give any more away sorry!

All good books but I'd say Sooner or Later was the best in the package!

No comments: