Thursday, June 3, 2010

The five Love Languages of Children

I got this book as a hand me down and decided it never hurts to try to learn more about raising happy children!  I thought they way the book simply divides out childrens' (and all humans) need for love and how it falls into one of five categories was interesting and insightful.  I do, however, find some of their examples of how to discipline while using a love language (e.g., giving a gift then scolding about an action) seem very contradictory and not in line with what our method of discipline at home is.  There were some great helpful hints for keeping your spouse happy also that I found helpful.  Overall I found this to be a great tool-but not a lesson I will follow to the T.  I will, however be passing this on to a friend with small children also for her reading pleasure.


*I was not paid for this review.*

No comments: