Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Book Review: The Power of the Prophetic Blessing by John Hagee

I was given a copy of this book to review from the publisher.  I had about a month and a half to read it and for a girl who can finish a book in two days I didn't even get halfway in that time frame.  This book just wasn't for me.  It didn't make me stay awake wondering what I could do to apply it to my life or really even believe in the principle. 



Hagee's belief boils down to if you repeat a message about your life, your family, your children, in the form of a blessing given by the man of the house to everyone else then it will come true.  First, I believe he doesn't have a view of the present day family because the book make get the woman is the housewife and man's main supporter and right hand person when it comes to all things except being the spiritual leader of the house.  Something I disagree with.  I think his tips of praying together and being on one page about your family's goals and needs/wants in life are good but that was common sense. 

I just didn't get into it.  Hagee's examples of blessings you can give to others at the back of the book just wouldn't be applied to my life and my children definitely wouldn't hold still for me to say a 2.5 page prayer!  Has he met a two year old!?
So...not my cup of tea.  But if this is already your belief and your practice you may enjoy it.  If not, its probably a little too far reaching for you.

No comments: