Friday, April 16, 2010

Thirty Years a Watchtower Slave


 

I decided to expand my reading selection and checkout the theories behind other religions, etc. and came up with this book about Jehovah's Witnesses.  Prior to this book I didn't really understand the differences with their beliefs and mine.  I still don't.  This book was rather boring.  It did not give me the insight I was looking for; do they believe different things happened different ways, etc?  Overall this book is confusing and does not talk about religion whatsoever. But as the author points out, that is the point of the Jehovah Witness religion.  I've learned this religion is more based on selling books, going door to door, not God and heaven.  It was an eye opener but this took me a couple of months to read because it was not exciting whatsoever.  Definately glad I learned a little from it but wouldn't read it again.

On a helpful note; the last chapter does tell you to how handle a Jehovah Witness who comes to your door to sell you  their books. Turns out they don't preach gospel, just try to make some money! Overall...two thumbs down.



Interested? Check it out here for purchase:

Book review by me.  I was not paid for this review.
Book was purchased at the Christian Book Store, Des Moines, Iowa.
There are plenty on Amazon.com should you desire to read this too!

No comments: