Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Back on track

Last week in a effort to make friends and get off my ass I signed up for the Gladiator Rock n Run in Goodyear, Arizona. It is a physical challenge with fourteen obstacles including a 7k. Therefore, today was my first day to start running and getting back into the habit of not being do lazy. (Side note: I have lost five pounds not working out and being so sweaty in AZ!)

I got up early to try to beat the heat and went 2.5 miles at 6:30 this morning. It was only around 80 so great running weather. I didn't even get lost around the neighborhood so that was a small victory as well. I did however come across an old Asian woman on her morning stroll sporting sweat pants, a flannel shirt and a big rimmed hat. WIERD. Other than that it was pretty peaceful. Thank goodness too because more people would have witnessed me trying to get a drink from a sprinkler system going off and it nearly ripping my bottom lip in half. Duh. But I was so thirsty!!!!!

The kids and I just played around the house the rest of the day while Chad continued on the desk project in the garage (almost done!) and then Grandma and Grandpa brought over delicious homemade spaghetti, but not before a haircut was in order!

Then we swam until 9ish and called it a night.

No comments: