Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Frugal Tuesday Tip

I'm not sure how frugal this tip is but I just discovered it and think its GENIUS.  Its probably not new but I LOVE it.

I LOATHE cleaning my blender.  We use it a lot for smoothies, blending up left overs for baby food, etc.  Mac and cheese does not blend well and in fact sticks all over the place even when I try to thin it out with formula in the baby food.  So to do a quick clean on the blender I just pumped some soap, hot water, the blended until clean and WAHLA sparkling clean without me picking off every noodle this side of the Mississip.  I think this is super great and will be cleaning my blender in this manner from this way now on.  If/when I have time to tear it completely apart and have enough room in the dishwasher to stick it in I will do so but for quick, easy, and least amount of water usage blender cleaning, this is my new way.

What do you think?  For more frugal tips go here:  Learning the Frugal Life

2 comments:

Julia said...

This is kind of how I clean the beaters of my mixer.

Kimberly said...

I saw my husband do that once and I've been doing it that way ever since! It's kind of fun too right?! :)